Take your measurements
To be able to create made-to-measure pieces, you will first need to go through a necessary step : take your measurements .
What you will need
- a tape measure
- a mirror
Measurements must be taken while you are in your underwear, otherwise the clothes you are wearing will skew the readings due to their thickness.
When taking the measurement, the tape should lie flat on your body, neither too tight nor too loose.
1. Neck circumference : circumference at the base of the neck
2. Chest circumference : circumference of the bust where the chest is the largest
3. Waist circumference : circumference of the bust where it is the thinnest, usually at 1cm above the belly button and through the hollowest part of the back
4. Hips circumference : circumference of the hips at the widest level of the buttocks
5. Thigh circumference: circumference at the widest level of the thigh
6. Shoulder length : length from the base of the neck to the shoulder joint
7. Bust length : length from the base of the neck to the waist
8. Chest length : length from the shoulder to the chest, at nipple level
9. Arm length : length from the shoulder joint to the wrist, measured along the outer side.
10. Hip height : length from the waist to the crotch
11. Inner leg length : length from the crotch to the ankle, measured along the inner side of the leg